Link Love (2010-08-21)
- List of Journalistic Cliches. Only time will tell if this plucky list gets journalists all up in arms.
- The Origins of abc. A brief history, well illustrated.
- 40 Fresh Admirable Typography Wallpapers. One of these graces my desktop right now…
- 30 New Free High-Quality Fonts.
- TubeDubber. Easily mix the video track from one YouTube track with the audio from another.
- Too Hard to Keep. A blog of images deemed “too hard to keep” by their owners.
- Devil’s Dictionary X. A contemporary derivation of the Ambrose Bierce classic.
- Over a Century of Affectionate Men Through the Camera Lens
- Books for the Subway. “Can you recommend any books that will make interesting people approach me if I read them on the subway?”
- Alikewise. “…a dating site that allows you to find people based on their book tastes.” + a mention in The Economist
- Never-Before-Seen Twin Peaks Photos
- The Online SciFi Strange Anthology. “SciFi Strange isn’t a label. It isn’t a definition. Instead, it’s an attempt to describe the science fiction being created by some of today’s most exciting writers. These stories combine the literary standards and cultural understandings of the New Wave movement with the basic strangeness and sensawunda from the golden age of science fiction–all seen through the lens of today’s multicultural world, where diversity and difference are the norm even as basic human values and needs still bind us together.”
- The Language of Food. Four essays on: Entrée, Ketchup, Dessert, Ceviche
- Cookblast. “a search engine for recipe videos and cooking how to guides”
- Real Life Quasimodo Uncovered in Tate Archives.
- Steamy Kitchen. “Fast, fresh, and easy recipes for the home cook.”
- Project Foodie. “provides access to over 100,000 magazine recipes, television show recipes, and newspaper recipes”
Tagged links. Bookmark the permalink.